View Single Post
Old 12-05-2002, 01:02 PM   #7
BOB_STRONG
Site Sponsor

Default .Re: Fun TM projects...Where does it end?

Wade,

I am ready to give everyone my list of changes to the 2002 3326 King trailer:

1.I bought 2 small pictures( no glass covers) and attached velcro to the backs and to the front wall .It looks like the 2 small pictures in the Trailmanor brochures. By the way they still are sticking real well!!!

2. I bought another picture at the Dollar store. It looks a lot like the ones that Trailmanor used to hang on the bathroom wall by the sink. The picture dresses up this area real nice. It looked bare without a picture.

3. As you go in the door, on the right side wall I added another nice picture. I am not picture crazy, but the  little extra adds a nice homey effect.

4.I built a simple base to set the hanging cabinet on while in transit. I used 2x2's for the sides. I used 2 firing strips attached to the bottom. Took little rubber stops and attached them to the corners so the cabinet would stay in place. Then I gave it a good coat of white paint. Now there is room for an under the cabinet plug in light. It's just like the ones you buy in a hardware. Also I solved the problem for the paper towel holder. The holder goes all the way to the back, and the light goes all the way forward. THe hanging cabinet sets on the base and the extra space needed for the hanging cabinet is there to use (2 inches almost of extra height).

Now you are wondering where I plug it in. In our 3326, there is a window over the sink so the cabinet hangs to the right of the window. I bought a bar strip and set it on the ledge in front of the sink. The cord is long enough to run into the bathroom and plug in under the sink.

5. Now with the bar strip, I plug in a night light which goes on and off by itself depending on the amount of light.

6.The paper towel holder was only a plastic one bought for a dollar at the Dollar General store. I used tiny screws to attach it to the base of the cabinet.

7.In the bathroom we replaced the vinyl shower curtain with the nice cloth type material. Drys real quickly and does not get brittle.

8.Took off the nozzle on the kitchen sink and bought another one that has a nice swivel so you can rinse out the sink.

9. Had a bypass put on the hot water tank to save on non toxic antifreeze.

10.Bought a little thermometer which will register inside & outside temperatures. It sits on the ledge by the refrig. The little wire fits under the flap. Now you know what the temp is real easy. It runs on a little battery and is very accurate.

11. Bought a color cover which sits on the stove top. Ours is a nice blue color and blends in with the counter top. The back has rubber attached so it does not slide arong when in transit. Since we always cook outside on the Coleman stove or use the microwave, we do not have to worry about moving it around. Gives you a lot of extra counter top space. Just look in Camping World and you can find several different kinds.

12. Wade mentioned about ScotchGuard for the furniture. I also Scotchguard the rugs after  shampooing them. Stops the dirt from getting ground into the carpets.

13. In Camping World, I bought color rugs to attach to the entrance steps. The rugs cut down on the dirt going into the trailer, and also the steps are not slippery when wet.

14. I had trouble with the furnace cover. It would contantlly vibrate loose. I drilled the holes a little bigger, and then used a bolt, nut and a lock washer. It sure solved the problem.

15. We bought Rubbermaide towel holders for the bathroom. They have bases which screw to the wall. The towel holders just slide down over the bases. You can fold the bathroom walls down and the bases do not interfere.

16. I made a cover for the vent in the bathroom on the side of the tub. Come September early October, a lot of cool air comes in through the opening. If it is real windy, you can feel it come in. I found styrofoam that is about 1/4 inch thick. I think they use it in packing because it bends easily. I attached strong pieces of velcro to the tub and to the styrofoam. When you want to use it, just velcro it on and it keeps out the cold. The styrofoam was white so it blended it with the wall covering on the tub.

17. We bought a nice spice rack which we attached to the side of the wardrobe. When taking down, the spice rack just slides off the hooks.

I hope I didn't bore everyone, but I did not hear of anyone doing these changes to their units!!If anyone has a question about any change, just let me  know.

Bob Strong
BOB_STRONG is offline   Reply With Quote