View Single Post
Old 10-17-2009, 12:26 AM   #72
ZekenSpider
TrailManor Master

Default Actual Weight of My TM-The latest revision-10/16/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by dw8ite View Post
Jerry,
This going to be a great database when you finish it. My weights on the 'as-shipped' sticker are as follows:

GVRW:............ 4217#
UVW:.............. 3213#
26 Gal. H2O:..... 216#
LP Gas 9.5 Gal.:...40#
CCC:................ 748#

How will we be able to access this data and when will you start making it available?
Don;

Attached is the latest revision to the spreadsheet (which includes your recent information) I'm still groping with the best way to display the data.

You can always find the latest revision by looking under the forum "General Discussions" at the thread title "Actual Weight of My TM" then click on the attachment symbol (paper clip). That will give you a list of all attachments. Look for the latest "TM GTWx" and click on it to open.

Eventually I think Bill will figure out a way to keep it in the reference library.

Thanks for your input. I hope I entered it correctly. I am awaiting your tongue weight and will enter that when it is available.

BTW:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dw8ite View Post
Certified Weight of above load taken at RAC Materials, LLC in Tomball, TX.
All weights are with TV and TM Connected:

TV Front Axle = 2420#
TV both Axles = 5380#
TV Back Axle & TM Axle = 6080#
TM Axle only = 3260#
From this data I get that your GCVW (Gross Combined Vehicle Weight) is either 2420+6080 = 8500# or 5380+3260 = 8640#. I suspect the 140# discrepancy is the effect of the WDH and is an indication of the weight added to the TM axle by the WDH spring bar force.

Because of the way a WDH works, your actual axle weight measurements are biased in a way that adds more weight to the TV front axle, removes some weight from the TV rear axle and adds more weight to the TM axle.

The actual numbers can be figured out mathematically but we would need 1)the length of the TV wheel base, 2) the distance from the TV rear axle to hitch ball, 3) the distance from the hitch ball to the spring bar rear anchor points, 4) the distance from the TM hitch ball to TM axle and finally, the force of the spring bars pulling down on the TM frame.

This would allow us to calculate the lever arms (moments) and determine how much a weight is added to the TM axle.

Too much trouble IMHO but interesting to a geek like me as I play with the physics of trailer towing.

Regards,

Jerry
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TM GTW3.pdf (48.3 KB, 420 views)
ZekenSpider is offline   Reply With Quote