View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 09:08 PM   #10
ZekenSpider
TrailManor Master

Default Inside Weight Sticker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlaupp View Post
There is another weight published for each of the newer TMs. Look at the inside of the sink cabinet door. You will find a "wet weight" for your unit.

Mike
Mike;

I know that the sink cabinet door "wet weight" sticker is in my 2010 3326 and it appears to be in the 2008 2720 that "gocnty" has. Is it also in your 2005 3326K?

I'm wondering when TM started placing that sticker inside the sink cabinet door.

There is also a "Tire and Loading Information" sticker on the road side of my TM that says "The weight of cargo should never exceed 971# or 441 kgs. That's the exact same number that is the CCC listed on my sink cabinet door sticker.

As "gocnty" indicated, the sink cabinet door sticker contains:

1) The designed GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating).

2) The UVW (Usable Vehicle Weight) which they get after subtracting from the GVWR all of the optional equipment weights as ordered for that specific TM.

3) Finally after subtracting the propane and drinking water (ie 40# propane for two full tanks and 216# for a full 20 gallon water tank) they list the CCC (Cargo Carrying Capacity). That is what's left available for the campers personal stuff, a charged toilet, greywater and maybe full water heater.

I'd like to get as much of that information as I can for the "Actual Weight " project. The GVWR is available from TM but the CCC is variable depending on options ordered and/or added.

Bottom line is, no one should exceed GVWR and I'm betting most everyone is running very close to it.

My GVWR is 5070# and with all my gear I have to run dry (except for propane) to stay at 5050#......and we haven't talked about the GCVWR as yet.

Jerry
ZekenSpider is offline   Reply With Quote