View Single Post
Old 08-14-2009, 08:54 AM   #8
PopBeavers

We use the micro wave to warm up leftovers (rarely) and sometimes DW will use it to make microwave popcorn. If I wanted popcorn I would make Jiffy Pop over the campfire.

We use the oven daily for biscuits in the morning an chocolate chip cookies for dessert.

We almost always dry camp, so a microwave requires running the generator.

When we are cooking for 20 people, the oven comes in handy for keeping some stuff warm.

I hear you about electric kitchens. DW grew up in an all electric kitchen. Her dad was an electrician.

I grew up in a natural gas kitchen. If the pot is starting to boil over I can see the flame to adjust it to lower it. I have never figured out how to use an electric stove. There is nothing to look at but numbers on the dial and the number are meaningless.

I keep hearing that using a pizza stone in the RV oven will help even the heat out. We do not do that.

How would you bake an apple pie in a microwave? That one puzzles me. Besides biscuits, pizza, pies and cookies I doubt we will ever cook anything else in the TM oven and none of those bake well in a microwave.