View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 07:26 AM   #18
Philip

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopBeavers View Post
I weighed my 2005 TM 2720 the first year we had it. I had it fully loaded, to simulate a week long vacation. It weighed 3380 on the axle. I did not weigh the tongue. I estimate the total weight at 4,100. I hve the optional 40 gallon water tank.

My smaller truck is the 2002 Chevy 1500HD crew cab with 6.5 foot bed. The larger one is a 2008 GMC 2500HD crew cab with the 8 foot bed. I can easily fill either truck, but I start off with two motorcycles, plus the stuff that entails.

I get between 13 and 16 mpg when running empty and between 9 and 11 when fully loaded. Both trucks are gas and 4wd.

Because of the stuff I take with us, I would not consider any other vehicle other than a crew cab truck with at least a 6.5 foot bed.

Frequently we take both trucks, because if we take the kids (26 and 28) to go some off road riding then we also tow an 18 foot ATV trailer.

We are quite likely not average.
Wow! You guys are really into toys. I can appreciate that - I would like to get my motorcycle out west with me but not sure how to do it in a practical manner.

Thank you for the great information. It will help me in making my decision.

Phil
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote