View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 11:09 AM   #23
ThePair
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopBeavers View Post
What problem are you trying to solve by adding a switch to the radio?

My radio has two off positions. The first one stops the music, but the display stays on. The second one kills the display.

For fear of the radio bumping on during storage, I pop the fuse for the radio in the converter panel when I close the TM. Left column, second from the bottom. I store it in one of the empty slots below it.

Perhaps you want to turn the radio on/off from the outside while the TM is closed down?
Well, I guess I don't really need it at all, it's just "always thinking ahead". The kids were messing with the unit, and figured out that the glowing button makes the whole thing turn on. Since we don't usually use it all that much, currently, I was thinking of just killing the power--no battery drain concerns, either.

However, I then discovered that I can pop the front plate of the radio off (theft-deterrent) which will prevent them from messing around, also. So, I'm now thinking that a combination of removing the plate and pulling the fuse (it's the only thing on that fuse?) would be an easier solution, at least for now.

I intended the switch to be inside, probably under the sink, so it's simple for me to reach, but not likely to be a target for the kids. I suppose pulling a fuse could accomplish the same (and not losing the face plate!).
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote