View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 01:13 PM   #1
Joseph

Default Wood in a 2006 TM…

Just FYI learned from making a waste water plumbing shield . . .

Was mounting an L type angle bracket along the bottom of the TM above the waste water plumbing just under the side wall. I noticed that was where TM has some fairly large bolts used in attaching the side wall to the metal frame directly behind the tire well and further back towards the bumper a torsion bar guide is bolted there also. So I was thinking that would be a good place to mount this angle bracket that was going to be utilized for its many mounting points later. I was drilling pilot holes for metal screws when I noticed that my metal bit was full of wood. Not metal. Not foam. Thru the aluminum and into… wood. I was told by sales staff at McDonough RV that there was no wood in a TM. That it was all aluminum. Maybe that is true for the shells? But not the floor. My point in posting this is simply to make others aware that there is wood in at least one 2006 TM. How much I do not know. Nor do I know where it all is. I just found some in the floor behind the tire well above the waste water plumbing. Maybe that is the way it is supposed to be. I have no idea. Take what the sales staff gives you always with a grain or two of salt...