View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 06:27 PM   #1
Skeetman

Default Television sound through radio speakers

Guys/Gals:

Would appreciate some help in getting television sound to come out through radio speakers, if at all possible. Here is my set-up: 2009 3023 - factory radio and speakers - Panasonic CQ-RX100U w/one aux plug in - 2009 Sharp 19" TV mounted on Trailmanor mount on bathroom wall just above sink. TV has following jacks on rear: "digital audio output" - "audio pc\HDMi" - "headphone." I purchased a cable from Radio Shack labelled "PCM Digital Audio Cable" and connected it to the first two mentioned jacks (separately) on the back of the TV and to the "auxillary in" jack on the radio - tuned radio to "aux" setting - all I could get was a buzz from the speakers when a DVD was inserted and playing in the television - I have not yet tried the hook-up when the television was tuned to cable as opposed to playing a DVD (would this make a difference?). Tried all of the available audio settings on the television that I could get to with the remote - nothing seemed to work. In any event, the television speakers alone are not loud enough to hear over the A/C. Any help in getting the sound to come through over the radio speakers in the Trailmanor would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Skeetman