View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 05:48 PM   #2
P and B

Attaching things to the upper shell limits your options since it has to be fairly flush. The OEM cabinets attach with flat screw in hook type mechanism where the flat part is attached to the wall and the hook is on the cabinet. This actually work pretty well but can sometimes be tricky to line up- especially if you're lifting a large cabinet to the wall.

The other kind of device I've used is a very flat plat that I used to attach an LCG flat screen TV to the wall. These work more like a vertical rail. One edge of one plate fits into the edge of the other plate. It's a little tricky to line things up- especially with a TV where you can't see either plate.

One last option are called security hangers- they're used by the picture framing industry to mount artwork on the walls of hotels and businesses. They actually have a lock on them that you need a tool to unlock them with. You don't have to use the tool and they mount very flush. I'm guessing you have to go to a frame company to get these- although I recall seeing something similar at a local hardware store.

Good luck.

Phil