View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 12:47 PM   #9
rickst29
yes, they hunt lions.

Default Here in the Sierra,

it's all about bears, so I usually start with "hard-sided pop-up". If there's still questions, then I respond to match what they seem to be looking for, and I quote different lengths accordingly:

If they seem to be sneering at pop-ups, or trying to see if I can be squeezed into a tiny site I won't like, then I let them know "it's 27 feet long, full bathroom and kitchen facilities, all-aluminum.... plus the SUV, of course." If they're still saying "hmmm, doesn't sound like you're up to the standards of our other residents", and we STILL want that particular place anyway, then I mention the price. (Sometimes location is everything, even if the resort is kinda snooty.)

Or, if they're banning anything longer than 20 ft, then I say "only 19 feet long, here at home it's always parked in the regular garage with several feet of room to spare."

With the right words, TM qualifies for both cases.