View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 07:14 PM   #4
larsdennert

We moved from a tent to the TM after our second child. We still tent it sometimes but the TM has been a godsend. Our kids are now 1.5 and 3.5 years and camping is easier now since they are walking and can run away from the snakes.

We mostly dry camp (boondock) and have enough water for a long weekend even with everyone taking sailor showers. Being able to clean off those kids makes all the difference. I actually prefer the TM to a hotel because we don't have to live out of suitcases and figure out how to feed the kids during inopportune times.

We've never had trouble fitting into a campsite. We do a mix of hookup sites, dry sites, and remote camping on BLM land. I prefer the 2720 and don't feel that a bigger unit like the 3023 would really be significantly more usable space. I'm sure 3023 owners would differ. Seems the four of us end up in the rear queen most nights anyway. If you are going to go for it, you may as well go for the 3124 with the king bed and the huge storage below. Otherwise the 2720 seems to similar to the 3023.