View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 06:52 AM   #6
mtnguy

I don't intend to be a copy cat, but I just posted a thread that we are going to sell our Trailmanor and get a coventional travel trailer. But unlike Traveler, our Trailmanor experience has been very pleasant.

Yes, I still hit my head on the bathroom door sometimes. Yes, I have to crawl over my wife to get in and out of the bed, but like Eric Lawson, that is not necessarily a bad thing. But I think you are going to have some kind of disadvantages to any kind of camper that you get. I will not be able to get the trailer that we are buying into some of the places that we take our Trailmanor......case in point is the picture in my avatar.....I did a bunch of measuring on our trip there a couple of weeks ago, and it just won't work. And those big monster RVs have plenty of storage and options, but they get lousy gas mileage, are hard to maneuver, and are limited to the campsites that can be occupied.

RVers just have to shop around and see what wiil work for them, as far as budget, TV (if applicable), camping style, family size, etc. The Trailmanor worked great for us except the low fridge and cabinets were hard on my wife's bad back. So, we are going to try something different, and see if it works better for us.

We will miss the great towing, maneuverability, and decent gas mileage of our Trailmanor. I have never pulled a full sized camper before, but get my 1st experience this week. I don't expect it to be near the pleasure of towing the Trailmanor, but I will see soon enough.

Good Luck, Traveler.

Chap