Thread: Toilet Leak
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008, 10:12 AM   #3
gocntry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Don't think so. My guess is that you need to change the big floor flange gasket that seals the toilet to the floor. It is like a nice cushy 4" foam donut. Take a look at the toilet removal tutorial in the TM Reference Library (TM Info You Won"t Find Anywhere Else). You can see where it goes in the fifth picture, though the gasket itself is not shown. Regardless of whether it is the flange seal or the Slide-EZ gasket, you have to pull the toilet off the floor.

The toilet is under warranty. I don't know that Thetford would cover it, since it may be an installation problem rather than a fault in the toilet. If it is not covered by Thetford, then TM would do it if your dealer is nearby. Or any RV service department could do it (think $). Or you could do it yourself - it isn't hard, and the gasket is cheap and available from most any RV dealer's parts area. There is a picture of it in the Thetford manual that came with your TM - look at page 7, item 6 in the upper diagram. Part number 24304.

Bill

Thanks Bill

TM Warranty Might As Well Not Exist For Me, The Closest Dealer Is About 5 Hours Away. So I'm Going To Take Care Of All My Own Problems Myself (hopefully that wont backfire on me).

I've Been Looking At Getting A Trailmanor For Years Now And Just Ended Up With More Problems Than I Expected. But With The Info On This Board And The Great Input From The Members I Expect I Should Not Need To Ever Take My TM Back To A Dealer (i don't want them touching my baby).