View Single Post
Old 01-29-2002, 04:53 AM   #3

Default Re: Rub / Trim strip below front window

Jon,

I have a 1998 2720sl and there is no 8ft rub strip on the front of the trailer.  It does have two rub strips approximately 2.5 ft long on either side of the recessed opening for the propane tanks to fit into when the trailer is setup.  I don't know what adhesive is used to affix the them, but each one has three phillips wood screws equally spaced along it's length about 1/2 inch below the upper edge of the rubber rub strip.  

Also, last year, I noticed that newer TM models than mine had rub strips along the lower portion of the intermost articulating shell.  I had some paint wear in that area, so I called TM and ordered some rub strip material.  I asked Jimmy what to use to affix the rub strips to the trailer and he suggested silicone caulking.  It has worked well for me, but there isn't as much air resistance to the rub strips on the side of the trailer as on the front.  Perhaps a call to the factory is in order, but I would be tempted to use silicone adhesive with several wood screws along the rub strip for added protection.

Happy Trails...........George