Thread: Jeep
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 07:02 AM   #8
mtnguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaJo View Post
Help - we have a 4 door Jeep Wrangler Unlimited with factory installed tow package.

My husband feels our 2720 SL Trailmanor (2007) is really dragging/swaying during towing.

We brought our vehicle into an RV dealer today to have Weight Distribution hitch and anti-sway bars installed and they have informed us they cannot do it because of the rear tire on the vehicle!

HELP!
LisaJo,

I looked into getting a new 4 dr. Jeep to replace my 96 TJ, and looked into the new Jeep as another vehicle to pull my 2720 on shorter trips in the moutains around here. When I looked into the towing package, I realized that it came with a class 2 hitch. Most class 2 hitches come with a 1 1/4 inch reciever, but the jeep comes with a 2". BUT.....class 2 hitches are generally not recommended for a WDH. The minimum that I would have done (if I would have purchased the new Jeep) is to replace the hitch with a class III or IV unit. You would also need to be careful of the 3500 lb. towing capacity (keep your loads really light) and the somewhat shorter wheelbase.

And I would think that the spare tire on the back would only interfere with a sway bar, not the WDH, unless the height of the hitch brings it up to the bottom of the tire.....then that might be the problem.

Chap