View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 07:12 AM   #1
grakin

Default Oops - Forgot the Jack Handle

On my last trip, I decided to clean out the pickup before I left, so I wasn't hauling around stuff I never seem to use. I left the stabilizer jack handle in the garage by mistake. (my stabilizer jacks are the scissor-type variety used on the newer models)

Of course, 300 miles away I noticed this when I set up to camp. I wasn't going to drive back to home to get it, so I though, "Camping World will have it." Long story short, no, Camping World will not have anything that can work as a jack handle (neither on-shelf or in "parts").

I considered buying that cordless drill, but decided against it. I also considered buying a whole new jack just to get the $#@! handle!

What I finally used was the handle off of another scissor jack I bought at Wal-Mart ($15 or so). I suspect most people could just use the handle for the one that their car came with to change the car's tire.

I know, simple tip, but I suspect I'm not the only one who misplaces important things! Of course I'll never misplace *this* item again...