View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 10:01 PM   #2
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigurdHoy View Post
what kind of brake controller would be recommended and how is the brake controller connected to the Sienna and/or installed in the Sienna.
I think many here use the Tekonsha Prodigy, and is well regarded. I use a slighty more feature laden variation called the Tekonsha P3...works the same, but has a fancy screen, voltage readout, etc. Check your Sienna owners manual -- installation may be as easy as plugging up an extra harness, which you have to buy separate from the controller and specifically for your vehicle. Otherwise, you'll have to do some wiring.

Quote:
Would a heavy duty wire from the van to the TM battery as part of the connecting harness make sense?[/B].
Some folks here have a problem with their TV giving sufficient power to the TM to run the fridge on 12 volts and charge their batteries. In fact, some owners find that the fridge drains the TM batteries while towing (it runs on propane or AC while camping). If you encounter this problem, then yes, adding heavier wire between the alternator and TM batteries will help this problem, although the batteries will never be completely charged in this manner. This problem has been discussed here many times, and you can search to find threads on the issue.

Quote:
Would two batteries make sense? If so, is there room for two batteries?
If you are going to camp in campgrounds with hookups most of the time, you don't need 2 batteries. However, if you plan on spending most of your time "boondocking", you will very likely find yourself wanting another battery. For maximum usable capacity, check out golf cart batteries. Costco sells some as someone else here reported. Another popular golf cart battery brand is Trojan. Plan on spending about $150 each for a Trojan.

Quote:
SORRY ABOUT THE COMPOUND QUESTION. (I have a lot of questions floating though my mind in connection with this new venture!)
Ask away! This is a very helpful community...sign up for a year. It's worth every penny......

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote