View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 09:11 AM   #6
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

I'm not sure what I am seeing in Photo 4. Your original query talked about trouble closing the upper half of the door, but it looks tight in the photo. But the lower half isn't set up, and isn't joined to the upper half. The two halves may not close well independently - they are not desinged to do so. Am I missing something?

Picture 5 shows that clip that holds the lower half of the door in place is rusted out and deformed, and needs to be replaced. You'll be able to get a replacement from TM. And in picture 6, it looks like the clip is entirely missing. The doors will never maintain alignment or close properly without the clips.

In picture 19, all of those cables except the big black one were originally gathered together in a heavy cloth sleeve, rather than floating around loose. You can still see some of the sleeve in picture 20. I would suggest that you get some slit black plastic sleeve from an auto supply store, stuff all the wires inside, and then attach both it and the big cable to the lift arms with some cable ties. The cables do have loops in them to allow them to follow the lift arms as the shell goes up and down. But none of them should ever get caught or stretched or squashed when the shell is moved. As you cable-tie them into place, you'll need to find a position for them where they don't bind, squash, stretch, etc. Perhaps you can get a picture of a "proper" location - my TM is tucked away in a storage lot now, or I would take one for you.

Picture 21 - I don't know of any reason why the horizontal shower could not be used in the vertical position.You're not going to enjoy doing the plumbing, but it is manageable.

Picture 34 - yes, the radio/CD goes here, and yes, the cables are easy to attach.

I have no idea why the stove is sinking. In my TM, anyway, there are no support members behind the stove (along the wall). Instead, the stove hangs from the counter tops on the two sides. So this is where to look for the sinking - are the counter tops collapsing, squashing, or twisting? By the way, the stove is quite easy to remove to let you inspect the area, and brace up the counter tops if needed.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote