View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008, 12:06 AM   #1
ColdFlame

Default A few fixes needed, please help.

Hi Everyone,

We picked up our new to us 2002 3023 the other day. When we arrived we were saddened to see it was not in the shape we had originally expected (good photo job on the dealers part) however after driving for 14 hours and knowing these are not easy to find, especially in the west we decided with the use of this forum hopefully we can adjust and fix it up to our standards.

Here is the link so you can see some pictures, I figured this would be easier as the pictures are limited on here. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...7&id=894555483

1. The sink in the bathroom seems to have sunk in as well as both counter tops surrounding the oven/stove. Has anyone else had this problem and can it be fixed?

2. Wiring - There are a few wiring issues, one I was wondering if anyone has added a cd player above the fridge as the wood comes out there, are the speaker wires easy to attach? There are a group of wires on the non-door side that seem to almost hang loose and get caught when setting down? Is this normal?

3. The supports on the bed came loose and jumped out of the track as we were pulling the back bed out and putting it back in, is there a way to fix this? Also when the bed is pulled out all the way they seem to still have about and inch and a half of track left, should it be going all the way to the end of the track, or is this where it should be when fully pulled out?

4. The door does not run tight along the door frame on the upper side and it is hard to close, I read some of the messages about the door last night and was glad to see we weren't the only ones. But if it is out of wack, where should we be looking to find where the misallignment is?

5. The bar in the hot water tank does not screw in all the way, can you get a replacement or what is the best cleaner, tool used to get the build up off the inside as I don't think it is stripped, I just think it has too much build up.

6. How can we tell if the torsion bars need adjusted and how is the best way to do this?

7. Is there a way to sort of "lube" everything up so it runs smoother for the put up and pull down?

8. The outside shower is missing??? We managed to get the dealer to through a new one in (not installed) and it is one that would normally go horizontal instead of vertical and has two handles, can we make this work? If so how?

9. There is quite a gash/dent in the outter shell in one spot, it appears to not have gone all the way through, however it is quite deep on the outside on the door side, is there a way we could fill this in?

10. Obviously when closed there were some of the saplings from a tree caught in between the piece that folds down to cover the spaces (the one you velcro down when setting up, by the couches) and the wall, it has left bad red/orange stains on the fabric and wall. I scrubbed and scrubbed today to do not much more then start to ruin the wallpaper and wall. And on the beige piece that velcros (vinyl I guess) didn't make a lick of difference, has anyone found a way to clean or paint, touch up this vinyl?

Sorry for all the questions, unfortunately because of where we live it is vertually impossible to go to a dealer, that was one of the reasons we signed up to this site, before we even had the trailer, because everyone seems so helpful on here! Thanks in advance!