View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 10:39 PM   #2
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
There are just a few things I would like:

1. The option to add a second battery and low energy LED lighting.
2. Optional heavy duty axle and factory balanced 15 inch tires with metal valve stems on smaller size trailers.
3. Optional tire pressure monitoring system.
4. Have the trailer engineered to hold a small generator (Honda or Yamaha)
1. I added a second battery and a switch to control them. This is a simple project if the battery is in the front. It is a little more work if the battery is in the rear storage compartment. I am surprised that this is not a standard dealer option.

2. I have loaded my TM 2720 with every thing I own for camping and did not exceed the axle weight limit. Just adding a bigger axle may not increase your capacity. It might be that you would also need a larger frame. Some people have ordered the bigger axle. It is not on the list, but it has been done. I never understood why.

3. I would think that this is a simple add on. Just a couple of wireless transmitters inside the tire mounted to the wheel. I check my tire pressure every time I leave home for the weekend. I visually inspect and hand test for temperature at every stop. I am comfortable. Perhaps if I traveled more I would see some value in it.

4. Where? With my swing tongue, there is no room on the front. Without the swing tongue I think there is room, but building a universal mount for any generator the owner wants is likely not possible. A local welder could no doubt build you one for your specific generator. It can only be used to store it. I learned by experience to always place the generator down wind as far as the shore power cord will go. Otherwise I get fumes inside. I have the rear hitch receiver, but have never used it. Many people carry their generator back there in a standard tray.