View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 06:57 AM   #3
LittleRhodey

Default Shelves on the side of the wardrobe

While we were at the New England Rally in Mystic, CT two weeks ago, I saw a TM with shelving on the kitchen side of the wardrobe. The microwave was on the bottom shelf. They had put the shelving strips on the side. They are not in the way when you lower the wardrobe to the floor because of the lip at the bottom of the wardrobe.

Anyway, they put large shelf brackets and a shelf for the microwave on the side of the wardrobe when they set up. Then the microwave is off the counter so you have the counter space by the stove. Microwaves are light so there is not a problem with that. And they had another shelf above it for other things.

I have been looking for the shelving strips to find one that is brown to blend in to the wood. Then we are going to make this addition.

WalMart had a microwave that was smaller than the Sharp model we bought for $54. Ours measures 18" which is just too big for the space. I thought the one we bought would fit but I forgot about the lip around the bottom of the wardrobe.