View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 07:24 PM   #8
wmtire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Larson View Post
Bobby,
Thank you so much for tire recall update. I got nervous since I just bought a set of Coopers yesterday for my pickup (265 R70 16's).
But they were the HT's not the AT's so I believe they're OK. I got 4 of them out the door with HS balance, road hazard, tax, and disposal fee for $359. Not your typical deal --- but I had to spend the entire night in line in order to take advantage of a Pep Boys Grand Opening Special that was offered to the first ten customers. I'm getting too old for this stuff. Just glad they weren't recalled. Thanks again. Eric
You should be good to go Eric. Your size (265/70R16) was not affected in any tire line. It was the 75 series in the 265's.

That was a GREAT deal, you got on them. Just think, with all the money you saved on those tires, you can now turn around and give it back to the oil companies.

I have been meaning to get around to talking about different types of tire recalls that you may encounter (and the importance of registering your tires, so you can be notified of a recall). Most people don't realize that you CAN register your tires and that tire dealers are required by government regulations (although it's loosely enforced) to give you a registration card at the time of purchase. It will be lengthy and will take awhile to type. I'll try to get it all together and post it quickly as possible.