View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 05:04 PM   #8
grill-n-go
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_and_D View Post
Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy talking to my clients, but some of them are fairly chatty (which I usually like) and I just don't have time right now. Plus, it totally breaks up my concentration when I'm working on something particularly challenging to put down what I'm doing and focus on something else that I haven't looked at in a while.

One of our two administrative ladies came down with a suspected case of MSRA; we won't know if it's really that until tomorrow when the lab results come back. We had to send her home in case of possible contamination (a couple of the people at work are diabetic), and that really hurts when you've got a small office like ours.
I with you 100%, as long as the phone keeps ringing you can't focus on anything that requires more than one minute. At the end of the day:

- You don't know where the day went because phone leaves no paper trail. "Did I say that? no! really?.. what was I thinking?"
- You've got twice the email and phone messages as you started with in the morning.
- ... and the stuff requireing more than one minute of your time is still sitting there, growing hairs.
- How can I get to your messages when I don't get off the phone long enough to listen to them? .. boy do I miss that busy signal.
Remember that, when busy didnt roll over into voice mail?

I work from home when I'm not on the road, and use this forum to keep my sanity after hours... a little work.. a little TM.. etc. It's the only (quiet) time I have to really get my work done and I work part time, about 16 hours a day, the rest of is used to eat and sleep.

So yes, please send me an email and I will give you a complete response that makes sense, and if I get hit by a bus you've got a piece of paper that represents my company's commitment to you the customer.

One thing I know for sure. Most of us are swiming as best we can. Sometimes the current wins out.

Okay, pitty party is over.

'03 2720SL
'07 Tundra 4X4
grill-n-go is offline   Reply With Quote