View Single Post
Old 03-18-2003, 09:54 AM   #4
Happytrails

Default Re: Gap 'Tween Fwd Shell Seal/Aft Roof

Well, at first glance, I'd say your problem is in the shims underneath the rubber bumper in your pocket stops, but they limit forward travel, not up and down travel. (At least any more than a 1/4" at the most anyway). To simplify what I'm talking about, each 1/8"; shim under the rubber bumper in your pocket stop limits *forward* travel by 1 full inch. Is your TM lining up as it should? (What I'm referring to is what the L in your lift arms rests upon when it's fully opened up, up inside the clamshell that makes your front roof.) If it is, it's not that I'm sure, though check and make sure both shells are lining up exactly as they should. I highly doubt that's the problem though. I need to get around to some adjustments. It's been cold and snowy in my area though so haven't yet. I'll probably be messing with it this weekend and see what I find out. But my guess is yes, your travel arm on that side may be too high on the torsion bar. I'd check with TM to make sure as you don't want to correct that problem to find your clam shell doesn't line up like it should. In mine the curb side upper shell comes out about 1.5" from the rear shell so I have a gap in my wall, but that was caused by when I first got mine, the wall was coming apart from the roof and it bowed way outward bending the torsion springs slightly when I opened it the first time with the old rotted wood in the roof. I will have to adjust that by using a spreader to bend it back inline. (My TM's sitting next to a rock wall, I just place the spreader low on the travel arm at the top of the torsion spring and give it some pressure, should do the trick). Harbor freight has one similar on sale right now for 109.99 on the back page if anyone out there receives their fliers, but the 5 ton one is only like 59.99 (the one I have). Anyway, hope some of this helps!

Happytrails