View Single Post
Old 02-15-2008, 11:31 AM   #1
saltamonte

Default Tire Size Upgrade - Surprisingly Successful

I just completed upgrading my unit from 14 inch load range C Marathons to 15 inch load range D Marathons.

After reading all of the postings regarding this exercise, I was convinced that there would be some issues either with horizontal or vertical clearance.

In fact I showed the owner of the wheel and axle shop the postings related to this and the suggested fixes for problems with clearance. There were no problems whatsoever and it was simply a matter of swapping wheels and tires.

There was plenty of clearance on the sides and no interference with the fender skirts. The clearance from the top of the tire to the wheel cover is slightly more than 3 inches with weight on the unit.

I have a 2007 2720SL and along with the tire and wheel upgrade I modified the spare tire carrier and installed a weight distribution hitch as well.

Everything went better then expected and I'm very happy with the outcome. Now that all of the upgrades I wanted to do are complete the unit is sweet and ready for the road. I've done things with extended boon docking trips in mind, so I'm off road ready as well.

All I need to do now is clean the unit thoroughly inside and out and load up my gear. Adios friends!

Dan

2007 2720SL
Solar Panel
Duel Batteries
Electric Stabilizers
Surge Protector & Autoformer
2002 Toyota 4Runner 4x4
Prodigy Brake Controller
Supercharged Engine