View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 05:48 AM   #45
wmtire

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightinIrish View Post
I have gone to a half dozen different tire places here in Florida and they all have problems getting in the D load range 15" Marathons and the ones that can are pretty pricey. Cheapest I found was 140.00/tire, plus the rim and balance. Gets expensive. I did however find a couple that sell and/or push the Denman and swear by them. They have an 8 ply 225/75/15 in a D load range at 2540 for 93.00/tire. I did tell them too that I wanted to make sure the rim was rated to handle at least a 2000 lb load and I did have a couple guys say the rims werent rated and that they dont rate rims. I shyed away from them just from what I have read on here. Anyone had any luck with the Denmans? Looks like I may be a guinea pig here if not.
I was going to show you that Tire Rack had the Load Range D marathons for $97, if that was what you really wanted. If you scroll down to read the first user comment there, they have a travel trailer user experiencing the same thing we have about them with 14 inch Marathons. It appears that the trailer forums he belongs too, have done the same thing we are trying, and switching to heavier plys and other brand names. It was almost a dejavu thing in reading it.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....1=yes&place=26

Chap and Bill have done this conversion recently. Maybe they will chime in with their wheel choices. (Hint-Hint)

If you can get the DOT code off the Denman's, then we can see who actually manufactures them. The more guinea pigs, the better. We need a full sty.