View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 04:10 PM   #4
rickst29
yes, they hunt lions.

Smile Both will do the job....

Both will auto-magically implement "trickle" charge when the battery voltage indicates "almost" fully charged. I leave my factory-supplied WFCO plugged in all the time, and it's worked out great.

BUT: the PD "charging wizard" adds a periodic anti-sulfonation high-voltage cycle while trickle-charging, this is a nice upgrade above and beyond the WFCO capabilities. From other Internet message boards, there seems to be much less factory support from WFCO to end users, and there seem to be more people with unsolved problems and questions about their WFCOs. PD-owning posters seem happier.

IIRC, you're buying just the converter with PD, so all your $$$ are going into the converter/charger. The WFCO comes with integrated distribution panel, which may or may not be to your liking.

The WFCO is now standard equipment form the factory, so Ed (and everyone else) know a lot about matching it up with TM wiring. And it's become "the new standard" on lots of Trailers from other brands, too, it's no longer quite the undocumented mystery it was when I got my TM.