Thread: Bike rack
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 06:05 PM   #10
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott O View Post
Eric: Your TV looks a lot like a truck! There are many much more satisfactory ways to carry a bike in the truck bed than on the rear of the TM. As a bicyclist, I find the worst place to carry my bikes is on the rear of the vehicle. It is much too dirty and I like to see them so I can be sure they didn't fall off!
My son races downhill mountain bikes. He doesn't like to mount his bikes on the roof of his car because they get too dirty. He prefers them on the back of his car. If he only takes one bike then it goes inside his Subaru WRX.

My 2005 TM 2720 has the newer style rear bumper with storage space for the shore power cord and the sewer hoses and fittings. I have the factory hitch receiver, which is welded on. I have never used it in the three yeas we have been camping. I ordered it because it seemed like a good idea at the time.

I have watched many bicycles bounce around on the back of various trailers etc. and I don't think I like that idea at all.

When DS goes with us, his bikes go in the bed of the truck. At 40+ pounds each, I could only put one on the back of the TM anyway because the hitch receiver is limited to 100 pounds. Two downhill mountain bikes and the bike rack would exceed 100 pounds for sure.