Thread: Lcd Tv
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 05:26 AM   #6
FightinIrish

I just finished my mod with the flat screen. Ill post the pics when I take some and figure out how to do that here. We have a 2720SL so there is a good amount of open space up front and we thought it would be nice to be able to sit in the chair and on the couch to watch the TV. I pulled out the fridge and shored up the wall on the right side of the fridge where the plugs are located. There is basically a 3/4" frame that the 1/4" paneling is attached to so that would never hold a tv and bracket. I purchased a half sheet of 3/4" three ply plywood and 4 angle brackets securing the brackets to the floor then the ones on the top I was able to secure on screw to the plywood and two screws to the existing 3/4" framing. After that I was able to secure the tv mount which would both swing out about 12" from the wall and tilt up. I mounted it near the corner so I could swing the bracket around and it would actually face the door so you could be sitting outside and watch a ballgame or whatever you like. Ill post the pics when I get a chance. Oh, and the tv is a 20" Vizio and weighs 17 lbs.