View Single Post
Old 08-16-2001, 04:44 PM   #6

Default Re: And now, I need your favorite piece of advice!

Congratulations on your purchase!  We just got our 2720 on July 14th.  Best decision we could have made!  We are extremely happy with our TM.  Not surprised your dealer wasn't up and all the details, neither was ours!  In fact we had to figure most of the little details out ourselves (ie lighting the pilot on the oven)

We were fairly prepared when we picked up ours, as we had a trade and simply moved from one to the other.  We did find that the air circulation with the side mount air was not great, and we have invested in a fan to circulate the air better.  ( your 3023 probably has the roof air, I am sure it will be better.)

As for the lift I read about in many of the discussions here, I will not claim to be an expert, but I think it is rather simple. It will require lifting the trailer off its wheels and releasing the bolts that hold the axle, then inserting a "spacer" between the frame and the axle bracket.  Longer bolts will be required to reassemble.

Jimmy Davis at the factory will be happy to explain better than I.  I'm pretty happy with ours just the way it is.

You will be amazed how easy it goes up and down.  Especially if you clean the seals well and give them a little shot of silicone spray.

This weekend we cleaned and waxed the entire trailer from top to bottom. We were really impressed with the quality throughout the entire rig.  We also installed an AM/FM CD radio with a weather band built in (radio shack!) And have added a 10 gal little blue tank on wheels in case we get a site w/o sewer and have to emty sooner than expected.  I'm building an aluminum carrier for it which I will mount under the trailer between the frame members.  So far I could not be any more satisfied with our purchase.  Thanks to many on this site who gave us feed back before we bought.

Good luck.  Hope you enjoy as much as we do!

aschuster
Dubuqe, IA