Thread: Cadillac
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 07:55 AM   #4
Geoffrey Card

Wink Cadillac

I suggest that you read my recent comments under 'Back from Alaska'. Two years ago when I was researching this subject prior to purchasing a TM I was nearly put off the whole project by comments suggesting that my V6 Toyota Highlander was not appropriate to tow either a 2619 or 2720. Fortuntely, I heard from two owners who already owned exactly these combinations. It was suggested however that I might not have enough power to tackle trips into and west of the Rockies. My wife and I have now completed trips to both Colorado and Alaska and the Highlander has handled these without any overheating, undue slowness etc etc.Normally we tow at 60-65mph and usually maintain 50mph up the longest climbs. To keep the engine cool you should engage lower gearing and keep the rpm's between 3,000 amd 4,500 for steep climbs. This is nothing new as I was instructed many years ago how to correctly drive over mountainous terrane in Europe where the custom is to tow 'caravans' with mid sizes sedans ( in most cases underpowered by US standards).
Incidently, the WDH is the best towing development of the past 20 years.
Good luck, Geoff Card
05 Toyota Higlander V6 with towing package
2002 TM 2619
WDH