View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 07:53 AM   #25
mtnguy

After PMn RockMtnRay over the last month or so, and asking a bunch of questions, I purchased the Pressure Pro TPMS. It seems to work great, even though I have only traveled about 200 miles since installation.

I am wondering if a slow leak (below the 12.5%) detected by Pressure Pro could save you from a blow-out later. As a tire leaks down.....unbeknownst (is that a word? ) to the driver due to the isolation of the trailer.....the intregrity of the tire is probably comprimised due to the lessening pressure. I have wondered if some of the blow-outs experienced have been due to this type of situation.

The Pressure Pro system responds within ~5 secs. or so to a total loss of pressure (I tested this by pulling the sensor off). So even if a tire blows, you can rely on the system, instead of eventially feeling the towing difference, seeing the tilt of the TM, or having someone motioning at the TM before you discover the problem. I figure the quicker you slow down or pull off of the road the less chance of damage.

Chap