Thread: Fan vent cover
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 03:40 PM   #1
Frank777

Default Fan vent cover

I went to install my Max Fan vent cover today.

Well... to my surprise the cover did not fit the fan on my 2000 3124KS. Don't know about other models ...but not mine.

I guess it's because the fan is not a TRUE Fantastic Fan. The cover would not sit straight over the vent and I decided NOT to screw the attaching hinges into the thin plastic surrounding the fan housing. There is no metal ring on the inside.

HOWEVER...the fan had a wooden frame around it on the roof so I added wood to the frame on 3 sides, not the side facing the rear. I water proofed the wood and painted it and then got some 5/8 aluminum wood screws and washers with rubber on one side and screwed the cover into the added wood. I caulked all the exposed wood screws so I think it will be fine until I can get some pressure treated wood and do a FIRST CLASS job. Today's was only about 95%. But since we're leaving tomorrow for Lake Cochiti and the TENT ROCKS I wanted to get it done today.

I put plywood on the roof so all went well and there are no holes.
The fan works great and we'll have some ventilation when it's raining.

I then mounted my license plate bracket onto the bumper. I can only get the sewer hose in from one side but that's fine.

All in all a challenge I wasn't expecting.

God bless, Frank