View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 06:25 AM   #8
Rich_in_Tampa

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickst29 View Post
The big issue is wheelbase. A 4R is a great match for a 2619 or a 2720, but a lot of people here REALLY, REALLY wouldn't want to tow one of the longer ones. I'm one of them. A 26 ft trailer behind a 110 inch wheelbase is kinda asking for the Tail to wag the Dog. ...
If you do it, be careful. I WOULDN'T.
Boy, I can see why folks have a tough time selecting a tow vehicle - I'm getting advice all over the spectrum about a 4R V8 towing a 3124. I understand that more wheelbase is better, that towing power is just one factor in the decision, and that you can never go wrong safety-wise by buying "bigger." Part of the problem is that you can take that perspective all the way up to a heavy-duty pickup (the avoidance of which is one reason we chose a TM).

So, is anyone out there actually using a 4R V8 and 3124 in combination? I'd love to hear from you. Rickst29's experience is very helpful (and his emphasis on safety is appreciated), but he's got a 2619. Thanks - we're getting close to the wire. Our second choice would be a Sequoia but its bulk and low mileage disappointed us. Thanks, everyone.