Thread: Lcd Tv
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 03:43 PM   #5
wmtire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie & Nick View Post
Since counterspace, is at a premium, I decided to mount an LCD TV on the wall next to the sink. I found a low profile wall mounting kit, that will allow the rear bed to slide over it, and the bathroom wall when it is in the down position (the TV of course is removed when we lower the bathroom walls - it just slides off the mount).

The 20" TV only weighs <15 pounds so I wasn't too concerned with the wall supporting it, even though it is only 1/4" Luan with a vinyl covering. I used cut plastic wall anchors and drilled two additional holes into the mounting device. It is quite secure with the two extra mounting holes.

To avoid running the cord over the sink and/or using an extension cord, I added an electrical outlet box at the front of the sink, after relocating the water heater propane ignitor switch. Next step is to add an antenna/cable jack next to the new electrical outlet. Then I have to find something to fill the holes left over from relocating the paper towel holder See pictures attached.

I am glad I saw this thread. I am doing some modifications on mine kinda similar. You just solved one of my problems. Thanks.

I bought a Magnavox 17" LCD with a built in HD tuner, so I can get HD regular broadcasts thru my Trailmanor antenna. I hated to spend that kind of money on just a tv screen, as I searched this one out that also has a vga port, so I can use it as a computer monitor in my house when I'm not camping. This one is going to be doing double duty. I lucked out and bought their display model at Sam's for a discount price of $150, regular $288. I thought it was a good deal.