Thread: Lcd Tv
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2006, 03:52 PM   #3
Leslie & Nick
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by grill-n-go View Post
Very nice. What source did you use for the A/C outlet? What brand/model is the TV? Looks really good.
Thanks. It's an Emerson 20" LCD/DVD that also plays CDs. We bought it at WalMart (last one they had at this store). They also make a 15" model which I thought was too small. I'm quite pleased thus far with the TV. It's much better than I thought it would be.

I took the electrical power from the bathroom outlet. In fact there is a large opening between the under-sink area, and the back of the bathroom cabinet. I wound up changing out the outlet in the bathroom because I could't make the extra wires fit. The electrical fixtures (outlets) that they use in the TM are unlike any I've seen - ie. there is no 'work box' to make your connections. The wall plate and plug are one integral unit. You make your electrical connections by pushing the wire against a sharp piece of metal that cuts the wire insulation. No wire nuts are used in the outlets. I would have used their 'box' but I could not make the extra wire fit. One other observation - it's a little difficult to work in such confined areas. This job took much longer than it normally would have had I been doing a similar job in the house!

Nick
Leslie & Nick is offline   Reply With Quote