View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 10:32 PM   #3
pbuck1

I'll second Leon's recommendation on definitely getting a WDH, but not getting a sway bar (you won't need it). I'll third PopBeavers brake controller recommendations, especially to avoid a time-delay type controller such as the Journey and spend the extra for a good inertia-based controller such as the Prodigy - you'll be glad you have it on your first panic stop.

Since your TV is a minivan with an integral body/frame I'd be extra careful to adjust your WDH properly, i.e. don't tow with it over-tensioned and don't severely over-tension it while adjusting it. There are adjustment instructions in this forum under "Trailmanor info you won't find anywhere else". Start with a low tension setting and work your way up to the correct setting.
It is also important to adjust the brake controller properly, too, so that the minivan is not providing much (if any) braking to the trailer. For the Prodigy one stage of the adjustment instructions for the unit will ask you to lock up the trailer wheels. Few TM owners have managed to achieve this - you just have to do the best you can. You should re-adjust the controller every time you change the trailer weight significantly, and re-adjust from time to time otherwise ( to compensate for brake shoe wear, etc.).

-Paul