View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 03:29 PM   #1
Leslie & Nick
TrailManor Master

Default Dropped Wiring Harness

Argh.......The board and I don't seem to be working very well together - I see my previous post was deleted as I was trying to edit it. Anyway, one more try (with pictures)

While cruising north on I-75 this weekend, a driver in another vehicle pulled alongside us and started gesturing that something was wrong with the trailer. The first thing I thought of was a tire going flat, but I didn't feel anything unusual. We pulled off at the next exit, which luckily was right upon us. When I got out of the truck and approached the trailer, I immediately noticed a bunch of wires had been dragging on the pavement. I crawled under the trailer and noticed that a screw that held a plastic wire retaining loop had fallen out. Upon closer examination if found problem number two - a plastic wire retaining strip was missing from the inside of the outermost "lift bar" - the inner piece of the plastic wiring holder was still there, but the other piece was gone.

I used my power drill to redrill a new hole to remount the retaining loop under the trailer (the old hole had become enlarged from the constant vibration). Luckily I had some plastic "zip ties" to secure the loose wires to the lift arm. This roadside fix worked fine. I have contacted the factory about getting a replacement plastic strip for placement on the lift arm. I will use a dab of silicon in the screw hole to help keep the screw tight. I don't think the wires were dragging too long, as the wiring insulation seemed to be intact. See attached pix to get a better idea of what I'm talking about.

Nick
Leslie & Nick is offline   Reply With Quote