Thread: How Bad Is It?
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2002, 05:15 AM   #14
oilspot

Default Re: How Bad Is It?

Not to beat a dead horse, but I just thought I would close out this thread with a quick observation...

As Larry Loo pointed out, a lot of the items on my original list were wear & tear items.  As I looked around at other units and read more threads on this site, I began to understand the subtle issues and maintenance demands of these trailers.

Here is my final conclusions:  The trailer wasn't really that bad.  A lot of the items on my list were not necessarily "repair" items.  Many were just characteristics of TM design per Jimmy Davis.  The dent was cosmetic, but really a minor issue.

Other trailers I have looked at have been in similar condition, but were cleaned and repaired prior to the sale.  Plus the one I eventually purchased had a 30-day warranty.  This dealer was unwilling to stand behind the trailer or reduce the price (at least one of which were required for my deal).

As a side note, I am more comfortable towing the 2720SL instead of the 3124KS.  Although I really craved the extra room (and larger water tank), it would have been another 4 feet and 300+lbs to contend with...

Perhaps in 5-6 years I'll be on the prowl again and can get one of the 2002/3 models.