View Single Post
Old 08-20-2006, 04:06 PM   #8
TakingTerns

The shame of this whole topic is that I've been considering a TrailManor because I needed a lightweight trailer I can tow with the Jeep Liberty I already have. TM has hard sides-definitely an advantage over the pop-ups I looked at first. Because it folds down for towing it has some trade-offs, too. We won't be likely to stop along the road for a bathroom break or a lunch break if it means setting it up, then breaking it back down to resume the trip. I know it's easy, but it is something you don't have to do with a conventional RV trailer.

If I need a larger tow vehicle for a TrailManor why not use that larger tow vehicle for a conventional camping trailer instead?

Leon, thanks for the suggestion, but I had noticed that I could jump to the section on How Long . . . I'm just that rare person who reads instruction manuals from cover to cover. It drives my wife nuts when we get a new car and I read the whole manual-even if the new car is just a newer model year but otherwise the same as the old car. I'm not sure she knows there are words inside those books ;^) Somewhere on this web site I found an owner's manual a forum member had assembled for a TM2720. I downloaded it and started to read the whole thing just to see what I could expect if we did buy a TM.