View Single Post
Old 02-28-2006, 09:40 PM   #6
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

We bought a small one..I think it's 10 gallons. When we dry camp we end up using way too much water (teenage daughter with long hair used to taking 15 - 20 minute showers at home; as I type the water here at home is running) and the 10 gallon one is easy to lift into the truck bed. I wouldn't mind having two of them so we wouldn't have to make so many trips to the dump station. We have to dump the grey water tank about once a day, or if we skip a day, twice the next day. We have also used it for the black water, but when we dry camp for long periods, we try to use the TM toilet "lightly", usually only at night. If we do that, we dump the black water first, and then go back and dump the grey water for the second load. It helps clean it out.

The idea of towing one to the dump station kind of makes me kind of nervous, since we've had "accidents" with those types of things before. I'd just rather have it in the truck bed where I know it's secure. I guess you could have somebody walk behind the tote as you towed it to make sure it was OK. I can lift the 10 gal one myself into the truck bed, so this works best for us.