View Single Post
Old 01-17-2006, 01:19 PM   #9
rockerga

"Just to show how people see things differently, I never use the flush hose at dump stations. I've seen people put a band on the nozzle grip and run 5-10ft into their black holding tank to flush them and then calmly coil the hose back on it's holder."

I have heard horror stories such as that originating from the campsites or dump stations. I carry a plastic spray bottle of 10% bleach mixed with water that I spray and SOAK the entire spigot and area, even my hoses, etc.,etc., while letting the water run to expunge the pipes before I hook-up my fresh water hose. Once hooked-up I get water pressure and let it run for a bit to ensure clean water and then I only use that for bathing, washing and cooking. I drink bottled water.

The dump station to me is a last resort for the reason of not only inconvenience to do the job correctly but also of proper sanitation habits. I guess that is of course "ME." I am leaning towards either having full hook-ups or waiting until I get home and using a macerator pump.