View Single Post
Old 10-22-2005, 06:14 PM   #10
BobRederick

MikeD & all

I replaced the OEM converter with the PD9160 60 Amp unit. The "Charge Wizzard that goes with it permits me to override its settings and select the charge state. That is, I can force it into the high charge mode (or any of the 4 states) if I want to. I have not used that feature. It quick charges at 14.3V and that is not adjustable. So far we have dry camped without solar == In Az, we look for shady sites. I use a 750 watt Honda generator for 30 to 60 minutes in the morning to recharge and best I can tell, it works well. I am using the single OEM 12V battery. I hope to get the gadgets (Xantrex or Trimetric) so I will know my charge state this winter.

PS. Has anyone found replacement parts in the outside shower? My knob came off in my hand along with a 15 foot stream of water down at Rocky Point last week . The cup-shaped cap under the knob split and a ring of plastic came off the top. I found the other faucet to be broken in the same place. Good old JB-Weld saved the weekend, but the faucet drips and I don't find replacement parts. It appears the rubber seat inside is the culprit as the drips come out of the shower head.