View Single Post
Old 08-11-2005, 07:45 AM   #2
Joesjunk
Site Sponsor

Default Experiences before the TM

Started many years ago in the back of a small pickup. Mostly fishing trips. Really crowded with two people. Upgraded to a tent about 10 years ago. Worked good as long as the bugs and rain remained outside the tent. Official campgrounds worked well except for the gravel sites. About 3 years ago, I swapped my son-in-law my fishing boat for a small pop-up. That got us off the ground and out of the rain. But it was too small for two people. We upgraded a year and a half ago to a pop-up with two king beds, A/C, and heat. This was great, many great camping trips. Both at campgrounds and in fields at friends farms. Especially the port-a-potty we added. Last year we began to plan a cross country trip NC to UT in September. Then I stumbled across a TrailManor for sale on the web at a dealer. Wife suggested we go see it. We ended up buying it and have just about completed fixing the things that didn't work. Can't complain got a good buy on it. Spent two days at Myrtle Beach, SC during the heat wave. Toooo hot. A/C worked hard but only seemed to cool at night.
We're about ready to take the TM through its paces starting September 1 for 6 to 8 weeks. We will be touring the west and visiting many of the national parks along the way.
Joesjunk is offline   Reply With Quote