View Single Post
Old 07-15-2005, 11:26 AM   #16
radiojon

Okay, I just spoke to both the Acura dealership for explanation: basically, their feeling is that the weight distributing hitch places loads on other parts of the MDX that isn't designed to take anything other than vehicle/passenger weight (the suspension, etc). Supposedly, it would cause premature wear and stress to those other parts of the vehicle. He said that the hitch that comes with the tow package (yes, there's a hitch -- i only need to purchase a ball mount) is what they recommend towing with.

So now I'm VERY confused. Acura says don't use a WDH, but it sounds like I'm compromising safety and ease of use if I don't. On the other hand, if I use a WDH, it could cause undue stress on the vehicle and could cost me hefty repairs (or worse).

If I can't use the MDX, it rules out getting a TrailManor (or any other trailer, for that matter) until I'm ready to get another TV, which won't be anytime soon.

Suggestions??

- Mark

UPDATE -- The salesperson at the TM dealership said that I can't use a WDH with a TM swing hitch anyway. Anyone using a WDH with a swing hitch?