View Single Post
Old 01-08-2003, 01:20 PM   #15

Default Re: Towing and Fulltiming

Hi, Jenna,

I notice most of the replies to your message are focusing on towing weight, etc. I'm more concerned on your behalf about space--storage space and water/holding tank space.

You said you want to try full timing it in a TM, right? Have you ever stayed in a trailer or motorhome for an extended time before? It can be a BIG adjustment. One thing I've notice about the TM is the lack of storage space. Before I got my 2720SL, I had a motorhome with lots of interior cabinets and "basement" storage so I'm probably biased. I just wonder how you'll store everything you and the cats will need in your Nissan and TM if you are full timing it. Where will their scratching posts and climbing trees fit?

The water tank, grey water tank and toilet also have a somewhat limited capacity in the TM. Do the parks you are looking at have full hook ups? It is surprising how quickly those tanks fill up. I've developed lots of ways to conserve water and extend the time before "dumping." I don't think though I'd want to do it on a full time basis.

Can you rent a trailer or RV before you invest in buying one? It could be money very well spent. I rented a tent  trailer for a trip with the family one summer...sure taught me I didn't want one. So, then I went looking on the Internet and found the TM. The TM is a good comprise vehicle for me now. Stores in the garage;  has enough room for me and the two dogs. BUT, I would not ever consider living in it full time!

Just my 2cents.

Collette and the two Manchester Terriers