View Single Post
Old 05-20-2005, 09:42 PM   #8
hal

We did an experiment in our group. We raised the right front stabilizer to various heights. At a certain height, we found that we could hit the area where the lock receiver is located with our fist. Even tho the door was shut and locked, we could open the door in this manner. This experiment came about after a few people returned to their trailers and found their "locked" doors in a wide open position. It seems that when the right front stabilizer is raised too far, the trailer frame bends enough that the door no longer fits the jamb and the lock pulls free, thus allowing the door to open. We haven't had this problem since we discovered this.

This phenomena occurred on the earlier models (ours was a 98) Anyone that knew about this, knew how to get the door open without unlocking the door. I now have an '04 with the additional deadbolt installed above the regular door lock.

Also, if you ever loose a storage compartment key, just borrow someone else's I understand that all TM storage keys and locks are identical. This same key may also be used by other brands of Rvs. I understand there are only about five different keys for all RVs.

Hal