View Single Post
Old 05-02-2005, 08:11 PM   #5
PopBeavers

Default McKesh mirrors and two drivers

This weekend was our second trip out. This was also the first time that my wife drove with the TM.

The most annoying thing about the McKesh mirrors is the amount of time it takes to re-adjust the mirrors every time you change drivers.

There are three tensioning screws at the bottom of each mirror. If they are too tight (factory setting) you will break the glass attempting to adjust them. If they are too loose then the wind and vibration move them around, requiring periodic adjustments.

How does everyone else handle this? If I was the only driver I could just get them adjusted and then tighten the screws.

I have looked at GM extended adjustable mirrors but they don't seem to go out far enough. I'm willing to pay the approximately 500 dollars for adjustable mirrors, if I can just find some that extend out far enough. Presently I have the McKesh out far enough that they do not block the factory mirrors. This setting is such that the center of the mirror is 18 inches out past the window. Anything less and I can not see the lane behind me.

Someone must make some after market mirrors that extend out far enough. I see that the powervision mirrors extend 5 inches, but they don't say from where. 5 inches past the side window is not enough. I need 18 inches past the window.

TV is 2002 Chevy Silverado crew cab 1500 hd