View Single Post
Old 10-02-2004, 03:02 PM   #18
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Ray -

I can't imagine anyone was upset. And your mention of
Quote:
beyond teenage daughters (or worse, teenage sons) ...
put me in mind of a sort of sad incident involving our then-teenage son. We had gone to a campground in Vermont that wasn't too far from him in college. We hadn't seen him in 2-3 months, and he really wanted to spend some time with us (he's a good kid), so he came to our TM Saturday evening as planned. When he arrived, he looked AWFUL - chills, sweating, nausea. We immediately cancelled the evening's plans, got him some soup and crackers, and wrapped him in a blanket in the easy chair. As he got colder, he said what he really needed was a hot shower. I explained to him the limited amount of hot water, and the procedure for a Navy shower. He nodded - but in his condition, it didn't sink in. A few minutes later, I heard him yell "This is great, Dad!" - and 30 seconds later a screech of indignation as the hot water ran out. Talk about grumbling as he came out! He rewrapped himself in the blanket, fell asleep in the chair, and felt better in the morning. Then, after breakfast, he asked casually, "Tell me again about the hot water, Dad?"

For anyone with my son's tendencies, go back and re-read Ray's post - and then review my son's story. THIS COULD BE YOU!

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote