View Single Post
Old 09-30-2004, 07:26 AM   #2
RockyMtnRay
TrailManor Master

Default I'm super happy with the Marathons on my TM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senorsedona
Has anyone found a really good 14" tire?
My vote still goes for the Goodyear Marathon. Three towing seasons on mine (about 10,000 miles total) and zero problems of any kind. None, nada, despite being loaded to within about 150 lbs of their rated capacity on every trip.

I will say, however, that nearly all of my towing has been done in cool to moderate temperatures (45 to 75 degrees) and I've only towed a few hundred miles when the temperatures were even in the 90s and never over 96. I also store my TM inside my garage so the tires are only exposed to UV and weathering when I'm actually traveling/camping. During the 6 months of winter storage, I also jack up the trailer so the tires have almost no weight on them...there's no sidewall bulge at all at the bottom all winter.

I use my TM as a base camp for hiking, kayaking, mountain biking, and climbing Colorado's 14ers

The Trailer: 2002 TM Model 2720SL ( Mods: Solar Panels (170 Watts), Dual T-105 Batteries, Electric Tongue Jack, Side AC, Programmable Thermostat, Doran TP Monitor System)

The Tow Vehicle: 2003 Toyota Tundra V8 SR5 4X4 w/Tow Package (Towing & Performance Mods: JBA Headers, Gibson Muffler, 4.30 gears, Michelin LTX M/S Tires, Prodigy Brake Controller, Transmission Temperature Gauge)

RockyMtnRay is offline   Reply With Quote